Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A little request to developers on endings
anthonydraco Offline

Threads: 2
RE: A little request to developers on endings

HL, I agree with your first sentence. But saying "Because that's how the story went" is pretty much another way of saying "Because that's how I/the author want it to be." It's a pretty thin justification. If you want to insist "making it like real life" and keep insisting "I'm gonna write the story however I want, no matter the disappointment, because it's the story/how I want it to be" that's only one step from "I don't care about disappointment." And "disappointment" reflects sells of any product. Insist it's like life however you want, this is still a fiction. There is no real need to disappoint players with the ending. And if you want it real and show how disappointing life is, you can make us feel disappointed at their fate and not disappoint us. They're two different things. You could have given us a strong ending, and no disappointment. You can do that in the next game, if you want to. Though you don't have to.

Also, we can immerse ourselves like you said in the last paragraph, and I believe we all do, to an extent, but the fact remains that the game still leave room to exploit the last save to get another ending easily.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2011, 08:29 PM by anthonydraco.)
11-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little request to developers on endings - by anthonydraco - 11-12-2011, 08:21 PM