Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A little request to developers on endings
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: A little request to developers on endings

I believe the endings were perhaps not as grandiose or satisfying as one would like. The game created a lot of questions while playing it, and not many was answered at the end. That is however the beauty of it!

By leaving a lot of things unanswered and hinting on further information they allow each player to fill in the gaps by himself/herself; through imagination. I would argue that the imagination of the player, if stimulated, is an even greater tool for story-telling than explicitly telling every part which could possibly be told. Keeping the endings open to interpretation goes in line with the story-telling of the whole game, mainly enriching the story by allowing for the user to create a whole universe/world based on by bits and pieces and extending upon them. That's at least what I did when I played Amnesia.

That is why I find the custom "story-continuations" of Amnesia to lesser liking, since I'm basically playing someone else's interpretation of Amnesia - and the two worlds won't "add together".

I've previously read some entries on their developer's blog. It's quite interesting as it tells their view of story-telling.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

11-13-2011, 04:59 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little request to developers on endings - by Acies - 11-13-2011, 04:59 AM