Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[solved]Screwed graphics
jaom7 Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: [solved]Screwed graphics

(06-06-2010, 11:28 PM)Urkle Wrote: Possibly removing the provided libCg and libCgGL in the black plague lib folder to force it to use your system version *might* help.

I was looking for that for that lib folder you told me at /opt/PenumbraCollection/Black Plague, but there is none. I checked in the Overture folder and I did find a lib folder. I got the series from the Penumbra Collection Special you offered last year, so I was wondering if maybe Black Plague was using the same lib folder in the Overture directory. If not, where should I look for it?
(06-07-2010, 01:30 AM)jaom7 Wrote: I was looking for that for that lib folder you told me at /opt/PenumbraCollection/Black Plague, but there is none. I checked in the Overture folder and I did find a lib folder. I got the series from the Penumbra Collection Special you offered last year, so I was wondering if maybe Black Plague was using the same lib folder in the Overture directory. If not, where should I look for it?

UPDATE: I just got it work... it was very strange the reason.. here a summary.

Today I did 2 fresh installs of the Penumbra Collection in the same computer running gnu/linux. Specifically, in the directory /opt/PenumbraCollection proposed by the installer.

First clicking on the installer icon as a regular user. Followed the installation procedure. I introduced my root password when required. As mentioned in the previous mail, only Overture was running. Black Plague and Requiem didn't start at all, showing the error message related to libCg.

Then, I erased directories /opt/PenumbraCollection and ~./frictional games. I reinstalled the game, but this time from the command line as root. Followed the installation procedure and this time I see there are some folders (like the lib folder) was not in the previous installation.

Now both Black Plague and Requiem run. Since I haven't play so much, I can not tell how good it is with the update to the 2.6.34 kernel and latest Mesa, which fixed the low frame rate problem.

Hope to have some good news for the next weekend. Time to play and finish the series with Requiem before Amnesia is here Big Grin

thanks for the fast reply... Frictional games has an awesome support!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2010, 02:17 AM by jaom7.)
06-07-2010, 01:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[solved]Screwed graphics - by LubosD - 07-15-2007, 12:48 PM
RE: [solved]Screwed graphics - by jaom7 - 06-06-2010, 01:01 AM
RE: [solved]Screwed graphics - by Urkle - 06-06-2010, 11:28 PM
RE: [solved]Screwed graphics - by jaom7 - 06-07-2010, 01:30 AM
RE: [solved]Screwed graphics - by newuser - 09-30-2010, 10:35 PM
RE: [solved]Screwed graphics - by jens - 10-01-2010, 06:52 AM
RE: [solved]Screwed graphics - by newuser - 10-01-2010, 09:19 AM