Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which monster do you think is the most dangerous and scariest in the Frictional Games universe?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Grey Rock Worms from Penumbra
8.28%
13 8.28%
The Infected from Penumbra
17.83%
28 17.83%
The Dogs from Penumbra
7.01%
11 7.01%
The spiders from Penumbra
1.91%
3 1.91%
The Brutes from Amneisa
35.03%
55 35.03%
The Grunts from Amnesia
13.38%
21 13.38%
The Water Horror from Amnesia
16.56%
26 16.56%
Total 157 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

(06-20-2012, 10:30 PM)Bridge Wrote: The Kaernks of course. Hitpoints, regeneration rate and attack power are completely irrelevant in a game that doesn't even take it into account (because there is no combat). The numbers associated with them are just there so that the monster is functional in-game. Just because the Brute has a bigger health bar or more attack power than the Grunt doesn't mean it is more powerful. In most cases if you are spotted, you are dead. Real horror is purely psychological and the thing that most frightened me were the Kaernks. What's scarier than something you can't see and which can sense where you are at all times?

Seriously, if a Kaernk had ever been in an area where there was no water and you had to sneak past totally silent it would have topped everybody's list easily. It obviously isn't aquatic because it only walks on the water and it makes no real sense why they are only found in water other than because the game says so. I would have been scared as fuck. Without the ripples to see where it is, you could very well be walking right towards it without knowing… now that's horrifying.
Sorry, but the Kaernk just doesn't do it for me. I suppose that's because I'm a total boss in jumping that I simply breezed through the water level. What's scariest to me? I'm not too freaked out by the rock worm (for whatever reason), so I'd have to settle on. . . The infected. They eat people, you can become one, they use teamwork and possibly worst of all is that they have flashlights. FLASHLIGHTS, MAN!
06-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - by failedALIAS - 06-22-2012, 07:49 AM