Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Alone - A[nother] Short Custom Story
JayMacGaming Offline

Threads: 0
Thumbs Up  RE: Alone - A[nother] Short Custom Story

Playthrough : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M36W8bFEAS8

You, my good man, are a genius of short stories.

This was an excellent CS and overall I just loved it all! The atmosphere was really excellent for the sewers theme and I particularly loved how you set up a reason for there being no one with him and why Harry was left behind because of his injuries. I think one of the more creative things was that since they were escaped convicts they couldn't really communicate directly or it could be used to trace them so that backwards/mixed text in the letter was used. I must admit I couldn't get a few words but 'solving' that little riddle was fun.

Even though it was expected, not adding jumpscares or monsters did make the whole story seem more realistic and somehow interesting. I feel like you could have added in some sound effects like perhaps guards yelling and dogs barking in the sewers. Maybe once you solved the puzzle with the machine. Or perhaps you could have started the story before they were in the sewers and there being some puzzle to solve before the guards returned. I don't know. It's not really a critique so much as I just loved the rest and I really wanted to do more.

By the way, excellent ending. I actually found it really funny. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2012, 03:06 AM by JayMacGaming.)
01-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alone - A[nother] Short Custom Story - by JayMacGaming - 01-15-2012, 03:05 AM