Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should I skip Penumbra: Overture? (read before voting please)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
skip the game
10.00%
2 10.00%
play the game
90.00%
18 90.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How crucial is it to follow the story line?
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: How crucial is it to follow the story line?

(01-09-2012, 09:53 PM)darkely Wrote: Is it that crucial for me to play the games in order? I have been playing Penumbra: Overture - keep in my mind I have already beaten Amnesia: The Dark Descent. So I was used to the amazing atmosphere but now a lot of the improvements are gone due to the fact Amnesia is newer :'( but don't get me wrong it is still a good game (aside from the seemingly invincible dogs...). The order to my knowledge is Overture, Black Plague, and then Requiem I am a big fan of story lines but I do not like Penumbra: Overture that much others have told me that Black Plague made some huge improvements. So should I skip Overture?

Please I am trying to beat the game Big Grin but I am stuck I have posted a thread to see if any one can help me out here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12625.html
You should play Overture for a few reasons. 1: It introduces you to the Penumbra world, 2: while Black Plague does a very basic sum up of what happened in Overture, playing Overture allows you to see the full story (as well as the story of the mines), 3: Black Plague should then be played as new monsters are introduced along with tougher puzzles (and 10 strange artifacts throughout the game that unlock neat stuff).

01-16-2012, 03:35 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How crucial is it to follow the story line? - by The Rock Worm - 01-16-2012, 03:35 AM