Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What do you think the Legendary Pictures Godzilla should be like?
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: What do you think the Legendary Pictures Godzilla should be like?

(01-12-2012, 09:41 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: It all depends on the director. Hollywood remakes tends to screw up everything, and instead of delivering a better experience, they just f*ck up even originals.
1998 Godzilla was awesome for me. I really loved it, and it was one of the few times I went to theater for a movie in that time.

I personally would like to see a movie adaptation of animated series, which had more action, more emotion and more story depth. Also, animated series was a sequel to '98 Godzilla movie, which extended the very same universe, instead of remaking/rebooting something that was cool enough.

I've seen original Godzilla series too, and I think they don't need a reboot. An eye-candy remake would be good maybe, but I'm not sure... Why not create a new universe like '98 Godzilla did? It was awesome and didn't screw up with original series.

To me, there are only two remakes in film industry that exceeded original in every term: The Thing and The Fly. Any other reboot/remake I've seen so far was just cr*p.
Hey another 1998 Godzilla fan! I too am a fan Big Grin ! I liked his design and loved the series. That's what I want to see as the Legendary Pictures Godzilla, one that is like the 1998 Cartoon Godzilla. I remember reading in the Cinefex book that talked about the 98 Godzilla... Toho stated (after seeing what the movie Godzilla would look like) that they wanted their Godzilla to be like that; but they didn't have the technology nor the money to do it.

Like you, I too have seen remakes that were poor in comparison to the original (the 2005 King Kong was good though). Let's hope LP gets it right.

01-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think the Legendary Pictures Godzilla should be like? - by The Rock Worm - 01-12-2012, 07:21 PM