Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mainstream Games are so bad nowadays
Sel Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Mainstream Games are so bad nowadays

(01-26-2012, 05:20 PM)Shadowfied Wrote: He has got some points, but a lot of things wrong too. Nintendo for example was dedicated to what they created, like Super Mario on the NES, and you can't say that "THEY COULD HAVE DONE IT BETTER IN THIS WAY AND THAT WAY" cause back then their games looked beautiful and they utilized what they could and you can easily see that comparing to the other shit on NES.

Uhm, yes I can. There were things that could have been done better in SM64.

(01-26-2012, 05:20 PM)Shadowfied Wrote: I am 16 years now. When I was like 6 years old my older brother got a Nintendo 64. I grew up with Super Mario 64. Again, compared to other games on the console you can see how Nintendo were dedicated and actually poured time and effort into making what they released.

So? There's plenty of developers who are just as "dedicated" to their games now, and there were probably plenty back then too. That doesn't mean their games are pinnacles of perfection.

(01-26-2012, 05:20 PM)Shadowfied Wrote: The biggest problem for me is that all games NOW (it's correct to use it here) are WAY TOO LINEAR. Exploring has always been a part of games, but in most games it's just decreasing and decreasing and when we improve technology the games instead turn into cinematic experiences which can be cool, but they are still games and that's what they should be, not cinematic experiences that are all the same. I want exploration and things to check out.

The Call of Duty games, starting from Modern Warfare, in the campaigns they could have ignored so much level design and no one would notice it, cause of it's linear nature there's always a straight path to follow and you're usually very stressed or busy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLYETM-6-4I

There's exploration in linear games too, so uh not sure what you're saying there.
01-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mainstream Games are so bad nowadays - by Sel - 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM
RE: Mainstream Games are so bad nowadays - by Sel - 01-26-2012, 05:34 PM