Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.69 Average
[RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: [RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion

Duly noted, sir. I thought about that, but I avoided subtitles because the text on the screen was reserved for thoughts the main character had, and the dialogue was purely spoken. Having the text be both would have felt kind of contrived. Before I even had voice acting, that cutscene used text with quote marks around it, and it felt really strange.

But one thing that did bother me in seeing all the playthroughs was that stupid clanking machinery. I should have dampened that sound. Captain hindsight to the rescue, huh?

This whole project, while it may have been a bit of a failure until I released like 6 versions of it to fix the stupid bugs I overlooked due to improper testing, was purely a portfolio piece. So, if I actually find a way to get into video game design for a major company (which would be pretty nice, considering how much time I have sunk into these projects, I feel I deserve a little payment for it Tongue ), these are all things I would be keeping in mind. This story, as it stands now (with the final release and everything), feels a bit like my magnum opus for now, and I am very creatively burned out. I just want to sit on it for a while until another good idea strikes me. I attempted to make a quick story this week, and made almost a full level (5-10 minutes of gameplay), before I just gave up due to boredom.

It's definitely time to take a break from editing and focus on real life, what with going to a new college and newly dating the girl of my dreams on my plate as of now. So thank you, everyone, for all the support. It's been wonderful. Smile

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion - by Streetboat - 02-26-2012, 07:34 AM