Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia in Kotakus 12 Best Games on PC
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia in Kotakus 12 Best Games on PC

(02-12-2012, 05:29 PM)Gasjockey Wrote:
(02-12-2012, 03:55 PM)Googolplex Wrote: My textures are photoreal.

This is smaller version of my 4.096p version.

[Image: p36qmpid.jpg]

You know, my textures are not generated by computer, I use real objects to create them.

This is what let games look like real surfaces and I use only ultra high resolutions to get a very high level of detail.

Battlefield 3 has standard textures, not worth to hype.

And Mass Efect 3 isn't an epic game, its surreal modern action, the totally opposite of epics.

This is epic:

Or later in that game:

You can't use "only ultra high resolutions" in a game, that will cut down performance drastically, to the level of it not being playable! And as for Mass Effect 3 being "the totally opposite of epics[sic]", here's a dictionary definition of epic for you:

ep·ic
n.
1. An extended narrative poem in elevated or dignified language, celebrating the feats of a legendary or traditional hero.
2. A literary or dramatic composition that resembles an extended narrative poem celebrating heroic feats.
3. A series of events considered appropriate to an epic: the epic of the Old West.
adj.
1. Of, constituting, having to do with, or suggestive of a literary epic: an epic poem.
2. Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size: "A vast musical panorama . . . it requires an epic musical understanding to do it justice" (Tim Page).
3. Heroic and impressive in quality: "Here in the courtroom . . . there was more of that epic atmosphere, the extra amperage of a special moment" (Scott Turow).

I would say that most of these meanings could be applied to Mass Effect.
This, 4096 is just unneeded for a game. 2048x2048 is really the highest that a world texture should go to. And still, even if you're texture is 4096x4096 it's still going to look like crap without normal, specular, parallax maps etc.
02-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia in Kotakus 12 Best Games on PC - by Arvuti - 02-12-2012, 05:36 PM