Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players

(04-16-2012, 01:55 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 01:16 PM)flamez3 Wrote: Pretty sure custom story map making isn't that serious.

Not since PDP started ruining them, no.

K...so...no. I'm done with this forum and arguing with biased fan-boys. But I will offer this last paragraph or two to end it.

So...I have held myself back when people bitch or moan about pewdie (and jumpscare maps). But there comes to a point, that I can't take it any more C:

1. Pewdiepie has not ruined custom stories... his fans have no ruined custom stories...fuck; JUMPSCARE stories have not ruined custom stories. Fucking people feeling the need to shit over people's hard work and call other people's work "better" or "an actual custom story" because people are SO buthurt about custom stories not going their way. I will tell you exactly in dot point form:
  • People who feel the need to tell people their customs are shit (as stated above)
  • People who feel the need to vent and regurgitated the same opinions over and over on a topic, when there are 30+ threads containing the same thing.
  • People who feel the need to derail threads by posting their own thoughts on how scares should be
  • People who think that their opinions are completely superior in every way because of their way of thinking a scare shout be.

Example A: Mystery Chapter 2 is a CS I made, updated the download link, and then BOOM. A full on discussion was happening about how to make a good scare, the right atmosphere and why jumpscare maps should be viewed in the same way that they feel it should. My map, was derailed by people have a discussion... 4 times they needed to be asked to stop it.

Pewdie has opened this somewhat closed off forum to a wide variety of people and those people want to do something, make maps for pewdie..instead of mocking them...let them do it! It shouldn't even bother you slightest on what other people are doing with their maps.

I understand that you don't like pewdie, that's cool man but don't hurt his fans by mocking him/them

Example: A guy was asking for help in his map for making a Teleporting naked guy... a bunch of people decided "LOL, this guy hasn't done anything personally to me, but let's mock, insult and tease him for having such a stupid idea." Which obviously did happen, I had to tell them to stop it for them to lay off the poor guy. This happened a lot more recently but not to the extent of the other one.

You must be pretty arragont to think people who like jumpscares have a low IQ. I like jumpscares, that doesn't mean I have a low I.Q at all, it just means someone has a different opinion then you, get over it mate. Also, the creator of his custom story (let me repeat myself) HIS custom story is not stupid or unintelligent if he feels the need to include a jumpscare, what a pity full excuse.

Oh and one more thing: This jumpscare buissness is going to continue,if you can't accept people with different opinions, get off the interwebs.

And that, concludes my probably-not-so-well-thought-out-discussion. I hope no one replies to this because they will not get an answer. Make all the useless/pointless/ego-tistic threads you like, I won't stop you.

P.S: As I don't like to offend people, sorry if I did :/

04-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players - by flamez3 - 04-16-2012, 02:23 PM