Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Machine is real -attention! sadly emotions!
jfcwilson Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The Machine is real -attention! sadly emotions!

Well said, Carrna.
Quote: I was still eating stuff like milk, cheese and eggs and thus I was a terrible person. ...yeaa
Forgive me if I am repeating their words, and I'll shut up about this if you like, but I would argue that in some cases dairy animals suffer more then their meat counterparts. They get their children taken away, spend months connected to a painful sucking machine, and then they get strung up and slit just like the regular cows....

Quote:I don't see how hunting is better than industrial slaughtering? At least in industrial slaughter houses the animals get killed in the most painless way possible.
It depends. With industrial slaughtering, animals really aren't killed in the most painless way possible--they're killed in the most efficient way possible. In most cases, that means paralyzing them with blunt trauma then slitting their throats on a conveyer belt. Sometimes the paralyzing stage is skipped.
When it comes to hunting, there is a difference between your average trophy-hunting idiot and the hunter who wants comparitivly humane food. Trophy hunters never shoot a dear in the head, cause they want the head fully intact. Humane hunters shoot for the hindbrain and with an an accurate weapon it's over pretty quickly.
Yes, I think that hunting a free animal is far better then buying a piece of a creature who has never been free.

03-01-2012, 05:36 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Machine is real -attention! sadly emotions! - by jfcwilson - 03-01-2012, 05:36 AM