Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The party ( work in progress )
pandasFTW Offline

Threads: 21
RE: The party ( work in progress )

(03-06-2012, 08:48 PM)Adrianis Wrote: F*ck em, you know what you can do here is good, stick at it. Your clearly doing something worthwhile with your time, an I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say that they're not.

I like your premise, think about how you might actually be able to convince the player that they were at a party, though. You won't be able to show a sequence whilst the party is in flow, do you plan on text explaining the premise before the game starts, or making an environment convincing enough that the player will know they were at a party?
i,m making notes for it, plus the second level consists mainly of a " party hall " which has been ravaged, body's and wine bottles everywhere with alochol and blood on the floor so... plus... it is in the description... the first line " you were invited to a party at a strange castle " Wink and, yes... my friends are doing absolutely horribly with their life, whenever they dont steal they do drugs... so Tongue i dont really give a sh*t about what they say, but still, it aint really motivating xD
(03-07-2012, 05:41 AM)TheMadAsshatter Wrote: Sounds interesting. I've always been a bit of a fan of stories that are basically like a party that goes way South. Keep going, I want to see how it pans out. Just don't worry so much about scripting and not focusing enough on the story that it becomes disjointed, okay?
dont worry. i will focus mainly on the story, simply because i really S.U.C.K at scripting Wink but i,m learning though... so, as it is my first custom story... expect some details in the levels, some story that actually makes sense, but no sick scripts... i think, at this point, the sickest i,ve done is probably the exploding door, or the crowbar puzzle ( dont worry, it's only a single one, in the start ) but do not worry! it won't be a script-less story... there are alot of standard-scripting... like locked doors, sounds, music, ENEMIES! it's been quite hard to learn actually Big Grin but thanks for the interest, it really helped
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012, 07:25 AM by pandasFTW.)
03-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
The party ( work in progress ) - by pandasFTW - 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM
RE: The party ( work in progress ) - by pandasFTW - 03-07-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: The party ( work in progress ) - by Kman - 03-07-2012, 12:57 AM