Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: The Great Work [SEEKING TRANSLATORS]
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: Amnesia: The Great Work [Seeking Logo Artist]

(12-06-2012, 01:17 AM)Damascus Wrote: ...I didn't make it a full conversion because I didn't think there was anything I was doing that I thought made it necessary. I'm not changing any game mechanics, I'm not changing the player's lantern, and so on. It is going to be a very large story, but i don't think making it a Full Conversion will make any real difference. I also think Full Conversions are very cumbersome. I'd like for people to just be able to download it and put it in their CS folder and be able to play it right away.
Check out the Deterioration full conversion. There is a totally isolated directory with it's launch .bat file. It's even easier than playing Custom Story. Simply copy folder into Amnesia folder and simply launch .bat file. You do not even need at the main menu click > custom story > this-no-this-no... oh that! custom story > start... Nothing like that. Just launch and play. Very comfortable. Really. And very UNLIKE any other total conversions I played which, be honest, were a pain in the ass to install and especially to uninstall. Deterioration is NOT like them. Check it out really. I mean technically how it's made. Really comfortable. More comfortable than Custom Stories.

As for game mechanics and lanterns it's not about that, it's more about menu. I guess you're going to change loading screen backgrounds. Am I right? And I guess you have your own music. Am I right? And finally you thought that it's better to have a logo that would fit the idea of the story. So you do think that all these things are important. And what I want to say is that the main menu is the first thing you see, when you enter the game. It's more than important part of the style-atmosphere-mood.

"It is going to be a very large story..." and this is also the reason why you should invest some time and make a full conversion. Really long and really intriguing story and unique puzzles on and on - these are things that should make you to think in the direction of a full conversion. Not those fucking lanterns and mechanics...

Anyway, it's up to you what to do, but... it's a big work you've done... just make everything you can to make it look like it's really The Great Work.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 02:45 AM by Alex Ros.)
12-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stein der Weisen, Part 1: Festung - by Kman - 03-10-2012, 11:26 AM
RE: [TESTING] The Great Work - by Damascus - 04-06-2012, 08:42 AM
RE: [TESTING] The Great Work - by ThoseRandomGuyz - 04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
RE: [TESTING] The Great Work - by Damascus - 04-06-2012, 05:15 PM
RE: The Great Work [Mapper's Block] - by Damascus - 08-02-2012, 10:57 PM
RE: The Great Work [Mapper's Block] - by Damascus - 08-05-2012, 06:14 AM
RE: The Great Work [Demo v1.3 released] - by Kman - 10-06-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Amnesia: The Great Work [Seeking Logo Artist] - by Alex Ros - 12-06-2012, 02:42 AM
RE: Amnesia: The Great Work - by Damascus - 12-24-2012, 07:24 AM