Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your First Playthrough: For the Cowards Out There
KeenPeachK Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Your First Playthrough: For the Cowards Out There

(04-16-2012, 04:25 PM)Carrna Wrote: I'm really jumpy and whenever I play, read or watch something, I pretty much forget that I'm sitting safely at home. My friends have even said for a few times that "We won't tell you since your imagination is too good" when we've been talking about something possibly too scary or gross.

In Amnesia I probably got most of my motivation from the story. I was soo curious to find out what had happened that I was able to force myself forward. Ironically Amnesia was also the first horror game I've been able to play. I've mentioned this before, but I really suck at combat. Almost every other horror game has been built around combat. Although I love horror games, before Amnesia I've just had to watch while others play, since always when I tried to play I died to the first zombies or whatever.

There's no way I could've stopped playing before beating the game when I had finally found a game I can actually play without swearing and throwing controllers to a wall. And then there was this: I heard that some big, hairy, muscular adult men can't play Amnesia. I was, of course, like "Omg omg I'm a small scaredy cat woman and I can play it hohohoho~!1" Somehow I found it encouraging. :'D
I am exactly the same way. XD There are even times when I'm home and I KNOW there is nothing in the house, but then just the fact that I'm alone starts freaking me out so I end up turning on all the lights because of it. lol

Knowing that there are people that are much braver than I am that can barely play it does help as well, though.

Usually, I play things like L4D, but in games like that you have weapons you can fight with. So, the fact that you can't fight back in games like Penumbra and Amnesia freaks me out even more. :<

04-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your First Playthrough: For the Cowards Out There - by KeenPeachK - 04-16-2012, 08:35 PM