Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do people realy care about the story in custom storys?
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Do people realy care about the story in custom storys?

It will make your story the most memorable. I can't even recall all of the bad jumpscare maps where you "wake up in a prison cell and don't know how you got there". The story is the glue that allows you to put maps, scares, and atmospheres together. Imagine if
(just bare with me) someone had never played the original Amnesia before , there would be no justification for the atmosphere or monsters you encounter in a custom story if there's no "story". You need to explain why things are happening to the player, how the player got there, and what their goal is (that being the bare minimum any map should include, but additional story would go great as well). You want to leave the player with something to think about after they've finished the map (Justine is a great example). I know I've only mentioned FG creations, but other ones to consider that pop into my mind are Insomnia and White Night.

Remember, they're called custom stories for a reason.
04-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do people realy care about the story in custom storys? - by Adny - 04-17-2012, 06:14 AM