Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the secret formula for scaring someone [No cheap scares!]
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: What is the secret formula for scaring someone [No cheap scares!]

(04-18-2012, 05:10 AM)jssjr90 Wrote: Your totally right kman. From all of your suggestens,and others too that posted. Its time for me to go back to the drawling board in some areas. You know, Is there any video tutorial how to master the build up?
It's honestly something you have to get a feel for by yourself, just have friends test it or get beta testers feedback. There has to be some degree of rhythm to it as well, you don't want the build up to be too short or too long.

Also, it might sound strange, but certain literary techniques can be applied very well to Amnesia. Foreshadowing is definitely the most applicable to the situation I'm talking about. Just kind of "hint" at whats to come without making it super obvious. Also, semi-related, try using the event music when an event does occur, sudden changes in music are pretty effect for getting someone on their toes.

I rate it 3 memes.
04-18-2012, 05:47 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the secret formula for scaring someone [No cheap scares!] - by Adny - 04-18-2012, 05:47 AM