Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the secret formula for scaring someone [No cheap scares!]
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: What is the secret formula for scaring someone [No cheap scares!]

(04-18-2012, 04:03 PM)jssjr90 Wrote: What makes you think that Cranky old man? I know how to scare people in my maps. Also not respecting a story that is just going to scare people? Relay now? Dont judge a book by its cover. I think its time that you take a nap, getting a bit, shall I say "cranky"

I swear some of you guys are made of eggshells. Other players probably likes horror simply because they like to jump, and they probably love jumpscares. I personally like a good, hardcore story for men with hairy chests. If I'm going to play something, I'd like the author to have something to say, or else I'll just be wasting my time, and he'll just be drowning out all the good stories. The meaning of the story should be told with a skillfully crafted atmosphere, that is in turned established through good level design and various other small techniques.

Horror is like music: There are artists who lack souls, who loves the money that stardom brings, but just sings covers of other musicians. Those are worthless timewasters and frauds. Real musicians has got something to say, and has the intuitive skills and intelligence to bring forth their message. There is no secret recipee behind horror or music, but if there were, I'd make sure that other people wouldn't get their greedy hands on it.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2012, 04:48 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the secret formula for scaring someone [No cheap scares!] - by Cranky Old Man - 04-18-2012, 04:47 PM