Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Amnesia - Welcome to Rapture? - unfinished-
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Amnesia - Welcome to Rapture? - unfinished-

(04-24-2012, 06:15 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-24-2012, 06:08 PM)spukrian Wrote: Back in the good old days before Penumbra Overture was released (hehe, even before I signed up!) there was a thread of a guy wanting to make a TC of the Penumbra Tech Demo (don't bother looking for the thread, it's long gone). The TC would involve the famous Xenomorph from the Alien Universe , but most people in the forum at the time was nagging him about the "FOXing" which would inevitably happen. Eventually he gave up.
As a sidenote: Would he had instead done The Thing, which is ideal for Penumbra, then the thing can take any number of forms. I doubt the title "The Thing" is even copyrighted. It's just too generic. In the same way: If you make an underwater base, set in the same era, and it's gone wrong, then as long as you don't call the place "Rapture", and the diving monsters "Big Daddies", I doubt they have copyrighted all little girls in all underwater cities.
Yes, if you actually took the time to create separate assets and entities and new names and histories, the idea is not copyrighted. The ripped models are.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
04-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia - Welcome to Rapture? - unfinished- - by Miss Rigi - 04-24-2012, 06:28 PM