Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Music playing while file not on my computer.
MrIcabod123 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Music playing while file not on my computer.

(04-28-2012, 03:51 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-28-2012, 03:17 PM)MrIcabod123 Wrote: It doesn't play when I make a new map, so that's good. would I really need to re-download amnesia? There's got to be a reason that it's still playing while not on this computer.
Do you have a brother? ...who could have messed with you?
You say that you have NEVER played the song at the start of the map.
Could he have changed the sample of the lamp being raised, with the song?
Could he have edited the script and then changed the save path for you, so that your script doesn't update when you save it?
I would be proud if my brother could write void OnStart(), he wouldn't do this and he's got no idea how to script or anything. It only played when I hit the script area, now it always plays.

If the file isn't on my computer anymore, where's it getting the music from?

(04-28-2012, 05:07 PM)narutohokager Wrote:
(04-28-2012, 03:17 PM)MrIcabod123 Wrote: It doesn't play when I make a new map, so that's good. would I really need to re-download amnesia? There's got to be a reason that it's still playing while not on this computer.

Well, if, when you create a new map, the music is not played, And if you have the courage... You could try to remake the old map, If it was not too big...

If after having rebuilt the old map, the music still plays................... Dodgy Try a new installation of the game.

If you reinstall :

- First, uninstall the game itself, have a shot ccleaner, registry, restart the computer.

- And there, reinstall the game properly Wink
Re-Making the map would take ages, so that's pretty much out. If anything I could just restart the entire thing, although that would also take ages and suck.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2012, 08:30 PM by MrIcabod123.)
04-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music playing while file not on my computer. - by MrIcabod123 - 04-28-2012, 08:28 PM