Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help how to alter a map by doing something in a different map
zombiehacker595 Offline

Threads: 51
RE: how to alter a map by doing something in a different map

(04-29-2012, 07:29 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Ha ha, don't worry about Cranky Old Man, he occasionally trolls Tongue (perhaps too many young in's won't get off his lawn?)

As for your problem, it sounds like you'll need to use a global variable (not something I'm very familiar with). If you are familiar with any type of variables, my limited understanding of globals leads me to believe that you can set them up just like normal (local) variables, except you can call them in other maps.

An alternate solution is you could make a copy of the map you want to change, then make the changes. Keep the door allowing the player to go back to that area locked until the player has triggered the event, then allow them to go back to the area that is now "changed" (which is the copy of the original map+changes).

The pro's of doing it this way is that you can alter static objects and not just entities.

Sorry if that didn't really make sense, but your original question lacked enough detail for me to give you much more than that.

haha thanks for the info fucking cranky man i dont think he has given me one usefull peice of information ever but thanks for the help Smile
04-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to alter a map by doing something in a different map - by zombiehacker595 - 04-29-2012, 07:31 AM