Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What a 3d modeller would want to see for a team request
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: What a 3d modeller would want to see for a team request

There are a lot of things to think of I guess. One of them being "I make models for you, you do X thing on the mod". I personally would want to work with someone who could bring something unique to the table. Perhaps he/she would be either a good story writer, a drawing artist, creator of in-game music or something alike. In that way I don't have to take the time to learn how to make good in-game music and it sort of becomes a trade with talent X traded against talent Y.

Modeling isn't "god's gift for modders", it's just very rare on this forum. High demand for something in low supply. Something I'd want to do with Aciestov at a later stage would be having someone join me on the project and basically do all of the "drone-scripting" - as I view it - simply because I don't enjoy it as much as the other parts of the modmaking. If this will be an interesting offer I do not know, but perhaps I could "sell it" due to the opportunity of working on something "well-made".

Well I'd like to end my little rant with some advice. Try something new! Learning to do something besides the ol' amnesia mapping and scripting might be very rewarding. I find creating things (be it imagery or models) very peaceful and satisfying. Before you know it, you'll realize that you have aquired a fun hobby.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

05-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What a 3d modeller would want to see for a team request - by Acies - 05-01-2012, 06:51 PM