Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What a 3d modeller would want to see for a team request
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: What a 3d modeller would want to see for a team request

It certainly isn't gods gift, its just another required aspect for making a high quality mod, and in short supply as you say. I took your advice previously, spent a few weeks learning the basics of modelling. I understand the process which I think is important for anyone, but as someone with a great love for logic, it's not a process that comes naturally and it is most certainly not enjoyable.

I get why you and others would think it is, because I find writing a lovely piece of script peaceful and satisfying. I was proud of my first cube when I got it working, hell I loved that damn cube, it the best f*cking cube in the bizniz, but its a whole new world of skills to pick up, and all that time spent is time not spent getting better at what I'm going to use, its not productive to be a jack-of-all-trades.

I agree that in order for a team to work, you need people experienced and passionate about their respective disciplines, you get many crossovers in the modding world because people want to get mods made and finding team members willing to put hard work in and collaborate effectively is difficult for people starting out. The result is usually sub-par on all aspects.

To flip the scenario round then, if I replied to your post saying 'Hey awesome I could be your drone-scripter!', what would you be looking for from me in order to consider my help? I can assume a map or a piece of script demonstrating skill, a passion for scripting and for the project etc, but I like to avoid making assumptions.
05-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What a 3d modeller would want to see for a team request - by Adrianis - 05-01-2012, 07:12 PM