Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good, complicated stories
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Good, complicated stories

Although I can't directly give you a story, I can give you some advice on elements that should be included in it. (Keep in mind this is my opinion, I'm not trying to make it sound like some scientific formula for good story).

You need to have well established and relate-able characters, this will make the character/player relationship better, allowing the Player to become more engaged in the character's emotions and experiences.

Another important thing is having a sort of "twist" ending, like in the Justine DLC, (SPOILER) the player finds out he/she is Justine the entire time, and the revelation definitely gave the player something to think about in the end (or at least me Tongue).

In addition to the main story line, there should be a "tangent", or side story, if you will. Something else that puts the player deeper into the Character's shoes. This can be done through flashbacks, notes, etc, and should be directly related to the character. Again, like in Justine, there are notes about the relationship between Justine and her Father, (it gets pretty messed up and reveals some disturbing information about the Characters).

You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Amnesia idea, I think its just been done so poorly by a lot of people it is considered bad now. Perhaps if you throw in a little cut scene, back story, or attention grabber prior to the game actually starting, it could work well. Good luck!

I rate it 3 memes.
05-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Good, complicated stories - by pandasFTW - 05-12-2012, 07:50 PM
RE: Good, complicated stories - by Datguy5 - 05-12-2012, 08:24 PM
RE: Good, complicated stories - by Adny - 05-12-2012, 08:24 PM
RE: Good, complicated stories - by pandasFTW - 05-12-2012, 08:36 PM
RE: Good, complicated stories - by Homicide13 - 05-12-2012, 11:06 PM