Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Collection HDTEX Mod - WIP/WID
wabo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: HPL1 texture res limit 2048? <-- EDIT

Hi everyone (again)!

I expected to finish the mod in September so, as expected, it isn't even close to it! XD

Jokes aside, I recently got back to work or I should say "wanted to". First, I wanted to change the workflow. In the here and now, I was changing textures by hand guessing which part where and manually testing one by one loading the game, a extremely time consuming process. So? I've downloaded the tools for HL1 on Windows but I'm stuck with compatibility issues. Tools just don't work at all (well, load but freeze when something in "3d" is supposed to take place). I don't know if is my computer problem, a compatibility issue or a bug. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I'm back at work with the previous and time consuming workflow.

I'll be doing everything from scratch with Gimp, avoiding some issues I found the first time related mainly with my poor knowledge of how to handle texture work. Also, I want to expand my database of materials and get through the whole game first. In a month (?) I expect to post new updates on this regard.

I wish you find my work useful (whenever it gets out) and encouraging to replay this wonderful games in all its 2048 glory XD

I'll be posting updates and samples, so check back soon!
10-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra Collection HDTEX Mod - WIP/WID - by wabo - 06-12-2012, 01:21 PM
RE: HPL1 texture res limit 2048? <-- EDIT - by wabo - 10-05-2012, 04:43 PM