Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2012-06 Friday 15th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Teaser Released
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10
RE: 2012-06 Friday 15th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Teaser Released

I loved the teaser!
Big Grin
I think it's great that there are some outdoor sections. Reminds me somewhat of the Call of Cthulhu: DCOTE. And I like how you guys use shadow and light when the monster appeared.
One more thing. The crucified pig corpse - lol; whose idea was that?

P.S. You should have more than 2 monster types - the fact that the monsters are relatively rare in the game makes the variety stand out all the more, especially if in a later scene there are several enemies seen at once (the ambush part in one of the final levels of Amnesia:TDD); but, not too many, of course - you don't want to waste time and money on something that the game and the story don't really benefit from. As always, it's a question of balance. Big Grin
I think it's a subtle way to make the world more believable. Plus, you can use the different models and maybe some model-specific animations (of the same monster type) as a storytelling tool. I liked the idea that the monsters of the original amnesia were "remodeling" the bodies they found themselves in according to some twisted standard of their own. Too bad we never got to walk in on one while doing this "remodeling" - that would be rather disturbing, if done right. Now's your chance.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 02:40 AM by TheGreatCthulhu.)
06-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2012-06 Friday 15th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Teaser Released - by TheGreatCthulhu - 06-17-2012, 02:30 AM