Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm

(11-04-2012, 06:07 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: As I tried to leave the room where I got the crowbar in the cellar, I think I was flung across the room, because all of a sudden I was in a corner and the door was closed. When I opened the door again, I was told something like "You feel a burn.", and I thought that maybe those events were supposed to be executed at the same time.
No, that was intentional as...

Spoiler below!
...you can hear a soft chuckle when it shows "You feel a burn". Originally the chuckle was going to go with the door slam, bu the slam drowned out the laugh, so I changed it.

Cranky Old Man Wrote:First of all, when you're teleported back to your room, and you hear a
scraping sound, as if the statue is moving around as a regular grunt,
that spooked me so much that I quit the game. When I loaded it up again,
the sound wasn't there anymore.

There is ambient noise in the main hall being played at random, so you might've heard that. Although I don't recall you ever being teleported back to your own room. Can you be even more specific under what circumstances this happens?

I'm actually suspecting that this actually might be a bug having to do with the PlayerStartAreas, although no one else I've seen play the mod has run into such an issue before.

Cranky Old Man Wrote:The second encounter is the grunt in the cellar, that you're told that you must sneak past. I tried to get around it by checking other rooms, but having no lamp oil, the door I opened turned out to be the second entry door to the cellar, so I exited the cellar instead. When I reentered the cellar, the monster was gone.
Hmm...I "could" try, and fix that slightly with a bit more scripting, and model editing.

Cranky Old Man Wrote:So, where have you hidden the TV room crowbar?

Spoiler below!
It's on the last TV table at the far end of the TV room.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012, 06:28 PM by Kreekakon.)
11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Kreekakon - 07-06-2012, 05:32 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Skashi - 07-07-2012, 10:49 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Smappa - 07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Kreekakon - 11-04-2012, 06:23 PM