Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm

(11-04-2012, 06:23 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: No, that was intentional as...

Spoiler below!
...you can hear a soft chuckle when it shows "You feel a burn". Originally the chuckle was going to go with the door slam, bu the slam drowned out the laugh, so I changed it.
Oh, okay. After I saw a grunt just appear before me, lock my sight into looking at it, and then just vanish, I just can't tell what's supposed to happen and what's not supposed to happen.

Quote:
Cranky Old Man Wrote:First of all, when you're teleported back to your room, and you hear a
scraping sound, as if the statue is moving around as a regular grunt,
that spooked me so much that I quit the game. When I loaded it up again,
the sound wasn't there anymore.
Can you be even more specific under what circumstances this happens?

I'm actually suspecting that this actually might be a bug having to do with the PlayerStartAreas, although no one else I've seen play the mod has run into such an issue before.

Yeah, I suspected that as well. It's when you leave the TV room map (or possibly the cellar map), that you end up at the game start spawn again. The scrapings came and went, as if something made of stone was taking steps, so maybe there was something going on downstairs that I just didn't see.

Quote:
Cranky Old Man Wrote:The second encounter is the
grunt in the cellar, that you're told that you must sneak past. I tried
to get around it by checking other rooms, but having no lamp oil, the
door I opened turned out to be the second entry door to the cellar, so I
exited the cellar instead. When I reentered the cellar, the monster was
gone.
Hmm...I "could" try, and fix that slightly with a bit more scripting, and model editing.

You could just lock the level doors while the grunt is there, blaming some demonic force.

Quote:
Cranky Old Man Wrote:So, where have you hidden the TV room crowbar?

Spoiler below!
It's on the last TV table at the far end of the TV room.

Thank you. I looked there too, but I will look closer now.

Edit:
The crowbar isn't there. I made laps around that table, looking for it, but there's just a TV there.
Is it possible that you remove the TV crowbar when the player picks up the cellar crowbar, and that this will only make the game beatable if the player picks up the TV crowbar first? ...but I went to the TV room first, so if there was a crowbar there, I missed it on my first search.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012, 06:40 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
11-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Kreekakon - 07-06-2012, 05:32 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Skashi - 07-07-2012, 10:49 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Smappa - 07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
RE: Hell Awakening Prologue: The Dorm - by Cranky Old Man - 11-04-2012, 06:32 PM