Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Trying to learn how to edit a model
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Trying to learn how to edit a model

(07-20-2012, 10:20 PM)zergling50 Wrote: This is a little confusing, and I dont expect to fully understand all of it at the moment. I really want this or this one project as it really compliments the story and adds more depth to the game. If you guys could word your answers in a straightforward yet simplified way that would be great. Anyways I appreciate that you guys are trying to help, and once my game is done im going to make sure to include all of you guys who have helped me in any of my threads in the credits. Once again thanks! And sorry if i say anything stupid or dont make a connection you expect me to make, because as I said earlier this is a little confusing (not overly as I thankfully have some programming background).

Obviously E:/Frictional_2/animations/mutant_Project/ does not exist on most people's systems. But what kind of insight does it provide? It tells us the game doesn't use absolute paths when loading files. It tells us that the game uses the file name of the images referenced. Therefore, having something as simple as servant_grunt_custom.dds would suffice for init_from. The game would then look for a MAT file named "servant_grunt_custom" when loading the DAE file that references servant_grunt_custom.dds.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2012, 12:08 AM by Your Computer.)
07-21-2012, 12:08 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to learn how to edit a model - by Your Computer - 07-21-2012, 12:08 AM