Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found]
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found]

(07-19-2012, 08:51 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(07-19-2012, 08:47 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Oh, is it really Point & Click? Isn't there a true 3D world? Can't you move the character without clicking on a static position?
This would really ruin the project. I hope it will NOT be Point & Click!

The devs said it will be Point & Click, but the 3D environments and the freeflight camera doesn't show that. It looks like a real 3D world.

What do you think?
It's a point & click, and I honestly think that'll work just fine.

It's however not a standard point & click, the world is fully 3D, I imagine the movements and such working very much alike ''Legend of Grimrock''.

It'll be quite different from what we've seen done in the horror genre and I like the idea of exploring, it's still a young genre with lots of potential!
It's not my idea of a good time. It's unrealistic and distracting, plus the games that implemented such a system did so because of technical limitations (Myst for example, and guess what, they remade it with mouselook and 3D movement). I don't like grid-based movement apart from in RTSs and I just can't see how it could be fun to play at all, especially with the jarring fade effect they have going on.
07-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: ASYLUM - Scarier than the upcoming Amnesia? [New horror game found] - by Bridge - 07-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Asylum Kickstarter! - by Dave Hopman - 01-29-2013, 10:52 PM
RE: Asylum Kickstarter! - by Statyk - 01-30-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: Asylum Kickstarter! - by plutomaniac - 01-30-2013, 01:09 PM