Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

(07-24-2012, 01:41 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Googol's friend is clearly stuck in a "superioristic" mindset, no use in arguing with someone like that. Just reading his message, I honestly think it's "an troll" (actually, after he said Clock Tower is superior to Penumbra or Amnesia, I'm 100% sure it's a troll.). Either that or he has some sort of mental issues.
I definitely didn't get the impression that he was trolling, because he seemed to be passionate about what he was talking about and he typed so damn much. I think he just perceives horror in games very differently (or doesn't have very much knowledge) because of what he says about dying being the main horror. Dying isn't the main driving horror, it's just a pain in the ass. Fear of dying maybe, but when you die it's like "Oh, that wasn't as bad as I thought. Time to respawn and try this again!" Then immersion is gone. Health regen, no health regen won't change this, health regen is besides the point.

I also don't like how in the OP he kept talking about 'casual' features in amnesia. Not every game should be looked at as a challenge.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2012, 06:20 AM by Damascus Rose.)
07-24-2012, 06:19 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by Damascus Rose - 07-24-2012, 06:19 AM