Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

Another thing is the gamma "cheating" that should be avoided. "the dark side" says that options should be enabled in other to achieve the optimal gameplay for each player. That's not really nice because if the developers want you to play their way in other to access the proper atmosphere for each game, you have to FOLLOW that way. Yes, a thing like the "mouse" sensibility could be changable, also the combination of buttons, because our experience into a game has to be the more comfortable one.

What I'm trying to say, is, that the visual gameplay and the gameplay's 'features' should be as how the developers want you to play. Some could use options "POSSIBILITIES" that "the dark side" suggested to create a BOOST into gameplay that will be able to improve gameplay to make it less hard for the player to succeed. I'm not talking about comfortness i'm talking about a different experience instead of the game authors' "SUGGESTED" one, also because it isn't SUGGESTED, but it is "forced", but not exactly forced; It's that you cannot turn a game into another one or an easier one by having features that will ease your gameplay. Like no "Foliage" mods in Call Of Duty gameplays:

Foliage and shit may mask the other enemies, and those mods could ease your multiplayer gameplay with basically "cheating" without using a trainer; but it's not called official cheating, but it is.
If you enable a lot of gameplay options for the player to use, I don't give a shit whether the gameplay is SUITABLE for some players and not for others. This is not a casual game. This is an horror game and it's even indie. INDIE.

Of course the authors from the game have to attribute much sense on any gameplay chooses they're applying into it. The matter is... Do you like it? Do you find it a real horror experience? It has to be challenging-realistic like even without making it frustrating or else... Which is very hard. But gameplay options are most shit. Controls doesn't matter, mouse sensibility doesn't matter EVEN the absence of the crosshair doesn't matter, because it is minimal to help pointing at things, which makes it even more realistic and less difficult to pick up stuff, because "finding the diagonals from the screen and find it's center" it's pretty annoying, also because our life FOV is not made out of a center.

My really (imo) possible and most smart for a very "horror & not cheatable" experience would be the laudanum one suggested on the previous page.... or... I dunno. My last post.
And... about the gamma you could choose only 3 possibilities but, the authors want you to have the right gamma in order to play the game and they might think that you could cheat, that you are playing in the dark while you could actually light everything up. It's nonsense. They should, imo, apply 3 gamma possibilities and nothing more. People who want to mod, or to cheat, CAN CHEAT, by hacking the game files... they are free from doing that, but why ingame?

I think the key for the "perfect gameplay" is actually unknown, and many gamers are different and those that we define "REAL gamers" and those that we define "FALSE gamers (or analog)" could have different opinions and those from the "false gamers" could be ones that we cannot justify and we cannot agree with.
Example: "COD rulz11!!11! amnesia is bewring1!1 -.-". Yes it's a very rude and immature attitude we tend to ignore.... we think that those opinions couldn't be justified but... some people play for FUN, other to IMMERSE, many (that "we" consider real gamers) for BOTH, and for "we", I mean the major part of the FG community which settles to a lot of games and try to understand them. I think this is pretty smart but what about others' opinion?

Sorry for my bad english i'm just trying to tell my ideas, which may couldn't be understandable. Tongue

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2012, 01:43 PM by Hardarm.)
07-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by Hardarm - 07-28-2012, 01:40 PM