Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

that is very true, horror movies often are not scary, in fact some are so lame they can only really be laughed at, (ok, as laughable as it was, "the car" for instance is more than worth watching, because, my goodness it is one Heck of a cool car! awesome looks, evil hadlamps, and that NASCAR engine note wasnt a dub, ive seen the real car, there is a proper NASCAR engine under the hood)

Gore is just gore, tis' disgusting yes, but its not scary, Fear is Psychological, i think thats what makes penumbra and amnesia pretty darn scary, they focus on psychological shocks, true horror, although no game or film can compare to real life psychological horror, wich i am afraid i have experienced and have the mental scars to proove it.

you have a point obliviator, perhaps it did need to be a game, i quess, for me, i think psycholigical horror can work in any given medium.

it just didnt need to be a dumbed down game..
perhaps im letting my hatred of any and all cod elements boil over and cloud my judgement again...
well, ill say something nice though, at least it aint got controll hints!

@Damascus, i played them because i felt the storylines were interesting, wich is very rare now, iots mostly just all "Booooooom goes the dynamite, the russians all die and the Americans win", so a game with an actual storyline, no matter how it plays, is automatically going to interest me, because, it has a proper story, and so few games do now, they were actually scary in places, something horror games often are not these days, and they were unique and creative, something that is extremely rare now. i just think it should and could have been made harder by the Simple little Option to turn the regenerating health off, then it would have been properly scary and would have immersed me a little more, as soon as i saw the blood on screen and the regeneration, i immediatly thaught "call of duty", and that broke the immersion, meaning the games, although very good, were not masterpeices, and lost some of the "fear factor" because they became too easy for my tastes. "dumbed down", if you ask me, in my own personal opinion, making them harder would have made them more lovecraftian, not less, as they would have been more frightning and more immersive, for me personally anyway.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2012, 08:26 PM by the dark side.)
07-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by the dark side - 07-29-2012, 08:16 PM