Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

I suppose I feel sorry for you that you can only find enjoyment in games that are made to be challenging. Unfortunately for you, that's not the general consensus. Some want to experience a compelling storyline, others want to distance themselves from real life by shooting stuff moving on the monitor. Dying over and over until feeling like scraping your eyes out due to the game being so challenging doesn't attract a large audience.

The interactive medium would be pretty underdeveloped if all of us thought like you, if videogames were purely for challenge. They shouldn't be. Variety is what makes games appeal to a larger audience; some games are more challenging than others, and that's good. You say that regenerating health is a game ruiner. I say regenerating health is variety. Just because gaming is your hobby, doesn't mean it's not a hobby for millions of others. Catering to the minority is economically unviable.

I sincerely hope you broaden your field of view, because face it, gaming is a worldwide thing now. It's not going to regress to being "challenge for challenge's sake" anytime soon.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
07-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by Oscar House - 07-29-2012, 08:21 PM