Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

Quote: budget falls short of
what i need to sustain the game by at least £1,000,000)
Holy crap man, have you ever thought about doing something... smaller? I've seen lot's of ambitious people with those kinds of things on their mind, and outright failing at it.

Seriously, have you even made a custom story? What qualifications do you have to undergo this feat?

I'm not trying to bust your bubble, it's just that I don't want to see people making the mistakes that I first made when wanting to be a game dev. Having an idea is useless unless you have the knowledge to implement it. In this case, that means at least 5 years of solid experience doing at least one thing, and a team of motivated people to do the things that you can't do.

Quote: a great game isnt quite good enough, i want an awesome game, and an
awesome game is a game that offers all that was great about games like
amnesia, and adds in a challenge on top. consider challenge to be "the
cherry on the top of the cake" for me.
I can respect that. I honestly never noticed the health regen in the game because I always had a laudanum on hand, though, so I will have to disagree. The Amnesia experience relies on the person continuing through the game with relative momentum. So difficulty wasn't really part of the base design, as the horror would have been lessened. Maybe Frictional will come up with another game that has what you are looking for? In the meantime though, seeing as it is outside the scope of the design of the game, I'll have to say it is just fine the way it is.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
07-31-2012, 05:13 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by Ghieri - 07-31-2012, 05:13 AM