Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Try something new! Amnesia Custom Story - The Game
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Try something new! Amnesia Custom Story - The Game

(07-24-2012, 07:45 PM)Anxt Wrote: Well, unfortunately, when you release something, people play it and review it. Sometimes those reviews are bad.

If you think negative feedback is "shit" then I suggest you quit now, because no matter how good something is, SOMEONE will always give you a poor review. Always.

You say many people enjoy it. Cool. Tell them to recommend it to their friends, on their forums, hell, in this thread. So far, none of them have said anything.

I did not enjoy my time playing your mod. That compels me to post in its thread, telling others that I think they should not waste their time. That's just how a review goes sometimes. Could I have been more constructive? Yeah, definitely. But I wasn't really interested in doing so because this is the second time I have seen a thread for this mod, and the second time I was utterly disappointed. You fixed nothing from the first time around, you added nothing from the first time around, and yet you post another thread, trying to bump its popularity.

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to frown upon things like that.

Go tell people who enjoyed it to post here. Or, you can release the mod on ModDB, and allow people to rate it. If people enjoy it, they'll rate it highly.
What I mean with "shit" is comments like: "give me my 15 minutes back". I can totally accept that people review this and say it's bad. Because this CS is not very good. But if people comment really mean things and try to hide it in their "constructive" way of talking, I would like to tell them: stop wasting your time. This is enough for a bad review:
1: rate it.
2: explain what's wrong.
Bam. You're done.
And for the ones not knowing this, I started working on this at the age of 13. I looked up how to create custom stories, and apparently, I had to learn some coding-thing called C++. Man, I didn't even know games had scripting. But I learned it. I put many hours into it, and at the beginning, I was incredibly happy being able to unlock a door. But after a few months I released, being really proud of myself. After I while I realized that, it's not really a "good" one. But people enjoyed it, at least.

So, of course everyone's opinion about how good it is or if it "sucks" is the same, even if I would have been 3 years old. But there is much friendlier ways of criticizing this, and I would like you to consider that.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
07-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Try something new! Amnesia Custom Story - The Game - by Wapez - 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM