Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you use this tool?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am a developer, and I would use this tool for my custom stories
50.00%
8 50.00%
I am a developer, and I would not use this tool for my custom stories (Please specify why)
25.00%
4 25.00%
I am a player, and I would like developers to use this tool
18.75%
3 18.75%
I am a player, and I would not like developers to use this tool (Please specify why)
6.25%
1 6.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Announcement Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Custom Story Installation Creator
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Custom Story Installation Creator

So i wanted to try out your program just to see how it works (though i don't really intend on using this program), and quickly came to realize that your install-creator program seems to require the existence of specific custom story files, and therefore throws an exception that was not handled by the program when one of these files don't exist (in my case, extra_english.lang). Although i am given the option to ignore and therefore continue the operation, do you plan on safely handling this for the more stable release (and is English the only supported LANG language)?

I also noticed the tool does not list my Steam copy of Amnesia. Will a future release consider Steam edition?

A lot of people tend to skip over a lot of the information provided in the Dev Wiki and so tend to have custom story files scattered throughout their Amnesia installation. I noticed your program currently assumes that the custom story developer has organized their story the proper way. Will this be how the program will remain, or do you plan on implementing a more abstract way of handling custom story file management?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-04-2012, 03:11 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Custom Story Installation Creator - by Your Computer - 08-04-2012, 03:11 AM