Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best modelling program for Amnesia?
MaGicBush Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Best modelling program for Amnesia?

(08-07-2012, 08:51 AM)Traggey Wrote: I also use 3Ds Max, however for amnesia specific modeling you should go with Maya.

Max has exporting issues when it comes to models and animations into the OpenCOLLADA .DAE format, Maya does not have these issues.
Are those issues something that is easy to get around(also note I would be using a more recent version of 3ds so maybe it fixes that issue)? From the multiple sources I have read about maya vs. 3ds max everyone I have read says max is much easier to learn starting out and is made as a low-poly program for models specifically for games. Whereas Maya is more made to make models/animations for films/short cgi scenes/etc(at high poly counts). I am just wondering if 3DS Max would be better to learn if I did decide to model for other games in the future as well. Though it would be cool to animate scenes for youtube(cartoons I tend to see on youtube for instance) in the future.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 03:50 AM by MaGicBush.)
08-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best modelling program for Amnesia? - by MaGicBush - 08-08-2012, 03:42 AM