Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
my first custom Story: The evil awakes
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: my first custom Story: The evil awakes

(08-11-2012, 06:21 PM)Fishnugget Wrote: Ok, i know what is to do. I trying to make a second story. WIth door frames better design usw.

and i want to learn but i dont understand professional words on english
Okay, here's a list of things to remember:
1. NO MY LITTLE PONY! People here hate stories like that! I hate stories like that, and I'm fucking wearing a shirt that has a picture of Derpy with the text "Derpy is Best Pony"!
2. The story needs to make sense, so actually think about that shit!
3. You can include a translated version that's english; if you can't translate yourself, ask for someone who can.
4. A truly good custom story focuses on paranoia, anticipation, and dread. Basically, NO FUCKING STUPID SCARES!
5. To really grasp their attention, make the environment as realistic as possible; no weird shit that doesn't make sense, like a naked body in a closet.
6. Make the player really FEEL like they're there and in danger. They should always be in control of what they see and what they don't see -- Amnesia didn't have cutscenes for a reason!
7. Make the rooms and buildings practical: how often do you see buildings with giant empty rooms? The building was made for a purpose, and parts of it will be shaped accordingly to whatever that purpose was.

I don't have much faith that you'll even understand what I'm saying, but oh well.
08-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: my first custom Story: The evil awakes - by failedALIAS - 08-11-2012, 06:59 PM