Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The (Least) Favorite aspects of your culture.
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: The (Least) Favorite aspects of your culture.

(09-23-2012, 07:10 PM)bloogleford Wrote: You guys really think racism is about "saying stuff"? The simple act of an individual discriminating against another individual based on race is the simplest, least complicated form of racism. The forms that matter most are the institutionalized stuff..and this little model of "If they can say it I can say it" is so silly it doesn't even fit in to any real analysis of racism.

You really think white people are oppressed somehow? Psshhaw.
Saying stuff may not be "in-depth" racism, but it is still a type of racism nonetheless.

As for the "If they can say it I can say it" thing you're talking about, that's not what my weighing scale metaphor was about. What it meant was when "human rights" advocates discover that a demographic of people are being discriminated against, they'll fight for the inferior party's rights, which sometime can lead it to being overdone to the point that everyone forgets about/overlooks several of the problems that may, or may not overshadow the once superior demographic after actions have been taken.

I'd say the same thing can be applied to male/female rights

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2012, 07:19 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The (Least) Favorite aspects of your culture. - by Kreekakon - 09-23-2012, 07:18 PM