Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The game time forgot: Thief The Dark Project (and the sequels)
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: The game time forgot: Thief The Dark Project (and the sequels)

(10-04-2012, 07:40 PM)the dark side Wrote: all they can be compared on is, they used stealth. thats all they have in common, the rest is comparing Pasta to Ferrari's. nothing in common other than they both come from italy! Early SC was more "MGS with the brains removed" were as Theif has always been closer to a super stealthy elder scrolls (similar medieval fantasy world and very similar feeling FP swordplay) with horror elements.
I take offense at your comparison between MGS and SC. Not until MGS3 are any real stealth mechanics present; only running around avoiding cones of vision. If you mean brains in a story-telling sense then I agree, but SC has always been about raw stealth which is one of the most appealing things about it. The stealth mechanics are far better and the level design is much more interesting (seriously, have you played through the train in PT? Amazing!). I never enjoyed the gameplay in MGS all that much apart from the boss battles. Sure it's fun, but not really interesting at all; you are just running around waiting for the next cutscene to start (which is the main reason to play it). It works for MGS but almost no other game.
10-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The game time forgot: Thief The Dark Project (and the sequels) - by Bridge - 10-04-2012, 11:58 PM