The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread

Just like I made a 'Superthread' in the Off-topic section http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-19820.html I've decided to make a same type thing for Amnesia.

To refresh a 'Superthread' is, in my definition, made up of several threads. Here if I or any of you have an Amnesia Custom Story concept/idea, feel free to post it. Include also what problem(s) you have encounter when you try to make the story. One of us here maybe able to help out.

To start things off, I will post two separate ideas I have

Story Idea 1: I've been trying to make story that deals with you in the deep sea. I've recently found out about this game http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/12/deep-s...game-ever/ (main webpage here http://wraughk.com/deepsea/ ) that has really inspired me. Read the link(s) above to understand my inspiration before resuming. Now my game is inspired from this scary experience.

Pros---Design is possible, I use an enlarged version of the ptest rockwall as a deep sea trench. The unseen monster can be done with the Water Lurker. I've seen I can reconfigure a the intensity of your light in total darkness so that 'your sub' has lights without the use of a Lantern.

Cons--While I could do 'experimental deep sea suit', I'd rather have you pilot a minisub to be realistic. Not sure how to do this. While I could have 'invisible' platforms for you to move on, as I tested once, as soon as you move up a ramp the Water Lurker loses sight of you.

As you can see, this idea has promise and could be easily done, provided the Cons can be sorted out. What do you think? Any thoughts?

As someone you played Penumbra, and liked it better than Amnesia: TDD, I couldn't help but think up ideas of either a prequel or a sequel. thus I have this 2nd story idea...

Story Idea 2: Let's say that the person Philip contacted to go after the alien race known as the Tuurngait received the message. This person and team went after the Tuurngaits and thought they won against them. They were wrong. Soon the Tuurngait virus has spread across the whole of America, if not the world! As expected, just like the mines, the virus has a strange affect on non-sentient life forms. Spiders and Worms, particularly the worms, are made much larger and more dangerous. At first, the Government tried to cover it up as a known virus outbreak... of course that didn't last long.

Pros--If made well, this could be an exciting, and scary, sequel series to the first Penumbra Series. Even just my own small efforts, I've been able to convert Penumbra textures into Amnesia. Being in a large city affected by the Tuurngait, story and scares would abound better than a confined castle or mine.

Cons--I know that other people here have converted the Infected and Dog into Amnesia, and Amnesia's Spider is basically the Penumbra Spider already. Now I haven't tried converting their animations myself, I started with the Worm. My system seems to run slow once I reach the animations section of the Model Editor, so my animation conversion skills are low.

The above story concept is doable, making the area and story would take time. Particularly if I made the area, or most of it, one large area (so that important rooms aren't safe from monsters invading you unannounced). Until I can do something about my computer, I can't convert Penumbra monster animations to Amnesia. I have noticed that having the worm's attack anim the base starting pose keeps it facing forward (as its normal base anim is backwards).

Of these ideas, which do you think I should attempt first? Can any of you help me out, either with advice or physical help?

Again, be sure to post your ideas as well. I wish to hear and help if possible.
01-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread - by The Rock Worm - 01-11-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread - by NaxEla - 01-11-2013, 01:14 AM
RE: Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread - by NaxEla - 01-11-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread - by NaxEla - 01-11-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread - by Adrianis - 01-11-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread - by NaxEla - 01-12-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread - by Adrianis - 01-13-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread - by failedALIAS - 01-13-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread - by Adny - 01-13-2013, 10:47 PM