Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Crashes on Startup
Prophet5 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Crashes on Startup

What are your system specs?

What's really important is system memory. If your system has 2048mb and 345 is taken away for graphics that leaves 1703mb to run the game. If you had Windows 8 on it then I assume you have at least 2gig. That memory also doesn't have a direct connection to the graphics chip which hinders performance as well.

To put things into perspective a bit, my previous desktop was a core2duo E6600 with 1gig RAM and nvidia gtx260 with dedicated 896mb RAM. It ran Amnesia fine at 1280x1024 with medium shadow and SSAO settings; BUT... every now and then the screen would give all sorts of weird colours, and changing shadow resolution and turning off SSAO diddn't help. You could flush the graphic cache by "save and exit" and restart the game, but eventually the issue returned. That was also a memory issue. Less than 2gig on the system is problematic. 345MB on the graphic card seems a little light and worse if it's taken from system memory (ie shared memory)

It could be that an updated intel driver could help, but I have my doubts.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013, 06:28 AM by Prophet5.)
02-09-2013, 05:38 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Crashes on Startup - by Prophet5 - 02-09-2013, 05:38 AM