Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Did you like this Custom Story
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
87.50%
7 87.50%
No.
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom Story Halloween! w/ Download Link!
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Custom Story Halloween 'Part 1 TEST' w/ Download Link!

(02-21-2013, 10:31 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(02-21-2013, 09:28 AM)dnalange Wrote: 3\10
Very empty rooms.
Stolen scripts\glitches everywhere\pickup-monsterappears\notes doent work\when i place 4 pots suddenly an explosion and i can walk outside the map ROFL!\ cant use the chemestry pot anywhere..
Remove this cs and fix the issues..
Or people are gonna give bad critics and bad ratings.
Sorry for being rude.. but fix this and you get higher rate.
hey, dnalange, you just pointed out ONLY what he did wrong. Do you have any advices for the poor guy? Senior Members MUST help the new guys, no matter how bad their custom story is. We're here to stop the epidemic of NAKED FLYING GUYS custom stories.

True.. naked guys?... Try this one Wink
This guy has to learn a lot!
Still do not undderstand why new cs builders make so many mistakes as it goes to mapping\glitches..
OK i understand when they make scripterror cause that's way more difficult..
but mapping and basic lighing... comon..
there are TONS of awesome storys.. i learned from them..
maybe beofr new csbuilders trying to make story's..
HINT -> Take some days to look how experienced builders\customstory's look like..
how those got build..
Still LOT of people don't knmow if they try overlap floors { also lot of decals } make the 0.001-0.005 higher..
So easy .. and looks way better..
Sorry for being a bit harsh here..
this is just not ..so good..??
Try to take more time for building.. i know myself a simple cs can already take 1 month of building..
i have made 3 cs - 1 Full Conversion..
i alone already take over ....2000 hours of building\scripting...
SO yeah.. please people DONT RUSH!!!
Take your time and be free to ask us on the forum how\what\where to do or make stuff..

(02-18-2013, 08:05 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: In picture 2, the billboards went through the table. Also, where's the lighting? In the window, the only lighting is the billboard and only 1 candle. Also, why is the table and chair is at a platform?

In picture 1, there's a green light. Most candles or lanterns are colored red with a tint of orange.

In picture 3, it's good. But i can't see the 2 doors on the right. Just the candle. And also when the bonfire is on (the pile of wood that lights up when you use a tinderbox at it.), connect a invisible light so that it gives the impression that light bounces.

Also, in each level, add a boxlight covering the ENTIRE level with low values (0.01, 0.01, 0.01). This way, light will blend in together. Also, ALWAYS use a POINTLIGHT when illuminating a room. Never use a box light. Also, NEVER use the default color of a light. It looks too bright. Experiment with the colors until you get the light that you always want.
Hope it helps you.

You just took the words out of my mouth there Wink
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013, 01:07 PM by DnALANGE.)
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Story Halloween 'Part 1 TEST' w/ Download Link! - by DnALANGE - 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM