Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update
Minecrawler Offline
Banned

Threads: 0
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update

(02-19-2013, 07:22 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: can't agree with you in this one, you are mentioning details so minor that doesn't effect the quality of the game in greater scale, Those things you mentioned are actually only at the start of the game, used only as a mini tutorial for the players. Amnesia is still much more superior game than Penumbra, and for me personally it is deeper even than Silent Hill 2 in so many aspects.

Anyway I personally appreciate your input, and I wan't to welcome you Smile

I'm sure you played Amnesia first, before you started Penumbra, right?
And this is not just in the beginning of the tutorial, it's part of the whole game.
Well, there are more importand things to make a good immersion and that is just a minor thing. But you don't know how much just the style of the texts can influence the experience.

Everyone who played Penumbra first will understand my meanings and that's a general way to improve adventure feeling and not seeing the game as a game. I think, a game never should present itself like a game, instead it's important to mediate a feeling that is earnestly.

The texts are only a little problem, but with a huge affect to the experience at all. It's more interesting to feel like to be unknowing about objects and situations in the environment.

An other example is when there's a locked door:

"It's locked, you must find an other way around."

"It seems to be locked, perhaps I have to find an other way around."

Which text do you think is better for immersion and credibility?

But now I don't want to make too much off-topic, I just hoped that anyone of the developers would read that here...
02-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update - by Minecrawler - 02-19-2013, 07:56 PM