Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update
Minecrawler Offline
Banned

Threads: 0
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update

(02-19-2013, 08:26 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: Considering you opinion about combat, yes that was the idea in theory. But practically it was just a lousy combat system which could have been abused and cheated in many ways, that is why it was removed, it just didn't worked.

While I also don't like the monster mechanics in Amnesia altogether, it still provides a decent edge, and many unpleasant surprises which constantly keeps you on your guard. But yes, that could be further improved.

Yes, but I think the combat system was not removed because it didn't work. I think it was removed because of the story. You get dispirited and lose all your inventory items (except the glowstick). And that's a very good idea to improve feeling of helpless. Because when you lose "weapons" you felt more helpless than if you never had them before.

In general, Penumbra's mechanics in monsters and combat is better than Amnesia's way. Please don't think I wish to have weapons in Amnesia, but I wish to lose them that makes you even more the feeling of helpless. At all, I really hate combat systems. But Penumbra's system works great. And when you play the game as first time, it's very unwieldy that you can't simply kill monsters.
02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013-02 Tuesday 19th, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Status Update - by Minecrawler - 02-19-2013, 08:36 PM