Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia keeps crashing when I try to load my custom story
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Amnesia keeps crashing when I try to load my custom story

Did you understand the first 2 steps in that tutorial? It explains exactly what you need

A folder under 'custom_stories\' for your CS, e.g.

...\custom_stories\Programming_CS\

Under that new folder, you have your .cfg file.
Then in this folder create a sub-folder called 'maps', so the path should be...

...\custom_stories\Programming_CS\maps\

Under here, you need your .map and .hps file

There was no issue with the 'maps' line in your .cfg, I pointed it out because you didn't realise that it was definining a path for the game to find you're maps. If you have changed it, I recommend you change it back otherwise if you correctly follow the tutorial it still won't work, because it will still be looking for the maps in the wrong place. The way defined in that tutorial is standard, it's the way all other CS's I've seen have been organised and it definitely works

If you're having problems understanding my or the tutorials instructions there is nothing wrong with that, as long as you say so.

The best thing you could do right now if you still don't have it right, is to follow my other piece of advice, which is to download a working CS that someone in the community has made, look at their folder structure, and use the same structure for your own CS. Then you don't have to bother with instructions that you might not understand - you just copy a working example.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2013, 03:20 PM by Adrianis.)
05-31-2013, 03:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia keeps crashing when I try to load my custom story - by Adrianis - 05-31-2013, 03:16 PM