Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Advertise Your Let's Plays Here! Get Noticed!
Diz Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Advertise Your Let's Plays Here! Get Noticed!

Let's Player(s)' Name(s): Andre (primary nicknames: Diz, Radidsh, Raichu)

About Yourself: I am from Norway, currently 25 year old male. I study and work with PCs and computer networking.

Quite early last year, in 2012, my interests were about to expand. At the time, I hated anything with horror or the name "scary" in it. I could not stand anything scary, not even movies. My colleague started talking about Amnesia: The Dark Descent. He told me some of the key elements of the game (sanity, immersion, story etc.) and after hearing him talk about it for a while, my curiosity got the better of me. I wanted to try it, however, in the darkness infront of the big TV screen, I needed a friend or two to sit by me, or else I would never ever have dared going through with it ... Though I was the one ending up playing the vast majority of the game.

I will guess and say that the game was my scariest experience in my life up to that point. It sucked me in, and it felt like a genuine nightmare - at times I had trouble telling if it was just a game or a real nightmare. It surprised me how a game could drag me in and seem so ... real. As if that was not enough, due to the immersive gameplay and unknown past it felt like I was the protagonist, letting me escape reality and forget about life for a while.

Ever since my first playthrough of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, I regret not having recorded it, if only to witness my own terrifying silence, behaviour and reactions. I have watched numerous of Let's Plays of this game, and I enjoy watching both the different playstyles, reactions, immersion and individual conclusion. I now wish to attempt some Let's Play'ing myself, as it looks like great fun!

Commentary Type: When Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs comes out in not too long, I wish to share my experience with the rest of you. The upcoming game will be my main focus for now, however I also do play some custom stories. I can play most of them, both serious and non-serious, though I do prefer ones which include a decent story.

When it comes to commentary, I may be a little mixed at the moment. I like to be serious and immersed, treating the custom story for what it is worth in order to keep the atmosphere and immersion, but I might also fool around a little from time to time. When A Machine For Pigs comes out, I will try to act immersive and behave a little bit as if I was Oswald Mandus, as I feel I may be sucked into the game more easily then, as well as giving the viewers a better sense of immersion and atmosphere, but I will likely joke around a little bit in order to keep my own sanity going!

Microphone only or Facecam+Mic: Currently, I am doing microphone only, however I may consider starting with facecam + mic once A Machine For Pigs comes out, if viewers do count that as a plus, but I have no idea about that.

Videos:
Spoiler below!
#1: Amnesia: A Late Night Drink (Custom Story):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5pUn4MYY...e=youtu.be

#2: First attempt at SCP: Containment Breach:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv1hUNCaJC8

^
The first video is currently uploading, me playing a Custom Story just an hour ago, so it may not be available just yet.

Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Radidsh

Additional Info: I am fresh new to the world of Let's Plays, so I cannot advertise much. What I want to say is that I wish to play the games and do my best to respect them for what they are worth while sharing my gameplay and experience with others and hopefully creating a cosey and fun experience for viewers! =3

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2013, 09:32 PM by Diz.)
08-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advertise Your Let's Plays Here! Get Noticed! - by Diz - 08-25-2013, 09:30 PM
SOMA: blind & no commentary - by Fortigurn - 09-25-2015, 02:45 AM
A Buff Below! - by ingedoom - 08-27-2012, 06:34 PM