Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here!
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here!

Is it a he, or a she? You're using both he, and she in your sentences lol

Well, define what they mean by taking control. Does it mean that they now are deciding for you how to make your mod, including various aspects such as story, puzzles, mapping? Or is it just limited to what they're doing right now?

Strictly speaking if you want to get all professional about this, he/she has no right to take command from you, who is presumably the project manager right now I assume (Correct me if I'm wrong), since you both had an agreement on the work you did, and it's his/her problem that she ran ahead, and did a bunch of extra work that wasn't in his/her responsibilities. This is the most stone-cold way of working, and will probably damage relationships because you're treating your friend more like a employee than a partner/friend.

However, if you're going to be more personal, you could think about what exact control he/she wants, and how much you're able to negotiate over to him/her without loosing what you think would be your mod's vision. This would be all about negotiating to balance out both people's interests.

I'd recommend this latter method over the previous one. Although you CAN bring up points from the former method to explain why you are displeased, and that if he/she has any integrity, they should to some degree honor your agreement.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Co-op mod arguing prolem want ppl opinions here! - by Kreekakon - 08-19-2013, 07:22 PM