Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4
Mjarr Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4

(09-11-2013, 05:42 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: The presentation is quite good, although frankly a bit too hammy and melodramatic for my taste.

I'm a fan of the direct approach - I'd prefer to channel my energy towards thinking about a plot's meaning rather than actually trying to figure out what the plot is. Tongue Being direct doesn't mean presenting all meaningful points on a silver platter - a good story can allow for hidden meanings to be discovered through analysis. I have found this to be the case for TDD's story, at least.

I don't think either games present their plot on silver platter, but we could easily say the same thing of Piggyback Ride. Look bit deeper and it's full of interesting stuff, some which one might have to piece together and others not so much. That being said, I have no trouble saying it gets pretty hamfisted by the end of the game to the point it reminded me of Bioshock in very bad and hilarious manner. Perhaps the biggest difference (IMHO) between TDD and Piggyback Ride is mostly that Piggyback does better job of maintaining sense of mystery at first, while TDD keeps itself together better by the end.

After all, stories in both Piggyback and TDD feature quite similar themes.
09-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Nopes. - by felixmole - 09-04-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 4 - by Mjarr - 09-11-2013, 06:29 AM